DEPARTMENT : RESTAURANT
DIRECTLY REPORTS TO : FLOOR MANGER/FINANCE DEPT./GM
Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits. Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers. The Restaurant Cashier is in charge of the register. Must be competent with a restaurant management system (POS) and have good cash handling skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive payments and present correct change to customers.
- Assist the hostess and wait staff in seating the guest, reservation and service if required.
- Receive food checks from waiters or customers. Greets all customers politely when they enter the restaurant.
- Flexible schedule required. Should be available mornings and/or afternoons, nights, weekends and select holidays.
- Should ensure that cashiering policies and procedures are implemented to detail at all times.
- Work as a team player to facilitate a pleasant experience for guests
- Friendly, outgoing personality, presentable appearance and personal cleanliness are necessary
- Great communication skills are a must.
- Full working knowledge of menu in order to answer customers’ questions and provide menu suggestions.
- Up-sells in-store promotions, when applicable.
- The ability to take direction and work quickly and efficiently under pressure
- Appeal to impatient or irritated customers, especially during rush hours
- Manage the register, including all credit card and cash operations.
- Ensure a balance of the register at the end of the shift or working period.