DEPARTMENT : RESTAURANT
DIRECTLY REPORTS TO : HEAD WAITER
Will be responsible for providing courteous and efficient service of food and beverage to guests at all times. Provide fast, professional and friendly service to all the guests and maintain a healthy work environment with cooperation to fellow colleagues from your team and the entire hotel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Check and prepare the mis-en-place for all service stations.
- Responsible for picking up orders of food and beverage from the service points in the kitchen and bar.
- Should know all the menu offered in all outlets for recommendation .
- Ensures high standard of sanitation and hygiene in the restaurant and its premises.
- Attend training sessions whether within or outside of normal schedule working as required.
- Ensures that the operating equipment and general supplies for the restaurant are maintained.
- Responsible for clearing, collecting and returning food and beverage items to proper area.
- Ensures service stations are properly staffed and equipped to render service to the guest. This includes proper supplies of glassware, cutlery, chinaware, ice, linen menu, decorations, condiments and side stands supplies
- Ensures that all guests are welcomed, seated and thanked on departure.
- Record transaction / orders in Point of Sales systems at the time of order.
- Ensure hygiene and safety rules are observed within the premises.
- Make careful use of safety equipment, such as gloves, goggles, aprons, overalls, shoes, and so on, return safety equipment to its designated storage area after use.
- Makes sure that the highest quality standards of operation in accordance with service procedures.
- Offer recommendations to promote up selling, take order from the guest, follow up and ensure that this is carried out to the last detail for smooth operation.
- Guest satisfaction must always be checked and any problems encountered must be relayed to Captain /Outlet In charge.
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks requested by your supervisor or department head or management.
- Take reasonable care when storing, handling, and using chemicals and dangerous substances, lifting and carrying, and using or cleaning dangerous work equipment, including machines