DEPARTMENT : RESTAURANT
DIRECTLY REPORTS TO : HEAD WAITER
Responsible for providing courteous and warm welcome at the entrance to all guests. In order to provide an efficient service and maximize revenue by a good booking management Provide fast, professional and friendly service to all the guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet incoming and departing Guests warmly with a genuine smile and eye contact; escort them to assigned dining area; present menus; announce waiter’s name.
- When possible, open the front door for guests entering or leaving the restaurant.
- Inform Guest of current promotion and offer recommendations if needed.
- Handle incoming calls in the restaurant ensuring proper telephone etiquettes are used at all times.
- Manage reservations and coordinate with wait staff special guest information and requests such as allergies, special occasions etc.
- Accommodate special seating preferences for guests whenever possible and ensure balancing of customer flow in service stations.
- When immediate seating is limited, record guest names and number of people in party and Provide guests with estimated waiting time.
- Be attentive to Guests’ needs throughout their dining experience to ensure they receive high quality service.
- Relay messages to servers and bus persons as needed.
- Assist wait staff as needed e.g. by setting and clearing tables; replenishing water; serving beverage.
- Should be knowledgeable of all outlet menus to be able offer recommendation through suggestive selling.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintain a clean reception area and ensure that guest data and reservation book is updated.
- May perform other duties that may be assigned by the immediate supervisors from time to time.
- Report all accidents, dangerous occurrences, or hazards, no matter how minor, to the supervisor or Heads of Department.